Welcome to the Wild Heretic forum where ideas are explored and information is linked so that hopefully all of us will have a clearer and better understanding of the world we live in. (When uploading avatars, make sure to resize them first by using a website such as this one - http://resizepic.com/. Max dimensions are 120 x 120 pixels.)

New members must first INTRODUCE THEMSELVES in the introduce yourself thread below if they want to post replies and start threads. If more than a couple of days have past after posting on the introduce yourself thread, and you still can't start threads, pm me. Either I've been away, or I have overlooked your introduction and forgotten to add you to the approved list.

Is there one Scientist willing to endorse

If you want to talk about something which doesn't fit into any of the above categories, throw it in here for now and maybe I'll make a new category for your topic.

Topic author
Dietrich
Initiate
Initiate

Is there one Scientist willing to endorse

Postby Dietrich » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:44 pm

Discussion at Flat Earth Society: Can an object have a shadow smaller than its size?
Today, someone I know put to me a question, which is not unreasonable:

"Is there one Scientist who you can name who is publicly endorsing Flat Earth Theory?"

I was sharing with him the fact that Zetetic Cosmogony, page 112, "Sun's Distance" computes the size of the sun using a sextant to be approximately 30 nautical miles. I provided a citation to him, but that wasn't good enough as far as he was concerned.

In addition, I coupled that data point with the 8/21/2017 Solar Eclipse and noted how the NASA graphic map showing the path of travel of the eclipse was about 70 miles wide. There is a constant in science which says that the shadow cast by a spherical object will be greater than or equal to the object's diameter. Which means that the shadow shown on the map converges on that proven by Zetetic Cosmogony which estimates using a sextant at the Spring Solstice, when there is zero degrees of declination to the Sun, makes a triangle along the Tropic of Cancer (base of triangle) with two equal sides where the arc degrees angle measured to the Sun can be used to compute the third unknown side of the triangle (distance to Sun). Zetetic, page 112, Sun's Distance sets forth the method and logical basis for the use of the Pythagorean Theorem to determine the unknown hypotenuse (distance to Sun). And it is also believed that the Moon is the same size as the Sun.

NASA's explanation for why the shadow is only 70 miles wide is that the Sun's rays 'converge' to a smaller shadow. Huh? Converge? I thought that the Sun's rays were all in parallel.

So, the challenge is to find a current credentialed Scientist of Astronomy who is publicly willing to attest to the above. Does anyone have a citation for where I can document one willing 'friendly' Flat Earth scientist who would openly provide his/her testimony in agreement to tha above? If the shadow theory holds true, then the Moon should have cast at least a shadow 2,159 miles wide. Thus one can infer that in actuality the Moon is indeed much smaller and close by as is the Sun.

-- Dietrich

Need Little - Want Less - Love More

Manicblade
Initiate
Initiate

Re: Is there one Scientist willing to endorse

Postby Manicblade » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:08 pm

I'm no science expert but here are some things to think about in the concaved earth. The glass sky and we think of glass of water and a pencil. The refraction of light as the image of the pencil is bent do to the refraction of light. The sun emits light 360 Omni directional not parallel. Taking the edge of the light and shadow then draw a line but remember the refraction of light/shadow through the glass sky. Again if there is a glass sky. Why because we launch rockets and space shuttles and it would damage this glass and it would fall to earth. For those that know the truth. Nano technology ToOL
With Great Power comes great responsibility.

Return to “Everything else”